The Pemberton Library is much more than books. We’re a modern library focused on supporting the diverse aspirations of our dynamic community.
We strive to be accessible, welcoming, and engaging in everything we do. If you are a library lover, who is passionate about providing amazing library services and programs we encourage you to apply to join our team!
Current employment opportunities:
Library Assistant- Casual
We are currently hiring a Library Assistant (casual). The position is year-round, with variable hours (including weekends and evenings) depending on library programs and events.
What we’re looking for..
- First and foremost, you love libraries, and you are passionate abut providing amazing library services and programs.
- You are organised, detail-oriented, and like to keep things in tip-top order.
- You’re versatile, friendly and want to make a difference in the community.
- You’re tech-savvy and have the ability and knowledge to assist patrons with the use of technology including; information resources, word processing programs, printing and troubleshooting on all sorts of devices and operating systems.
- You love helping people and enjoy connecting them with the right solutions.
- You’re comfortable facilitating and creating programs and events for adults and children.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You have at least 2 years experience working in an environment where customer service is a core focus (previous experience working in public libraries would be considered an asset).
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
- You are available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
How to apply:
To apply please email a cover letter and your resume to the Library Director, Emma Gillis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.